June 2009 saw the first in a series of FeedingManchester events, looking at practical and strategic ways to increase access to sustainable food in Greater Manchester. The events involving local food practitioners (growers, buyers etc.), are focused on partnership working and practical solutions, and aim to:
1) Bring together the growing number of enterprises & groups in Greater Manchester who are working on, providing and/or interested in sustainable food issues.
2) Identify obstacles to people sourcing/providing sustainable food, and solutions to those obstacles.
3) Develop a strategic way to increase the sourcing, provision of, and access to sustainable food locally.
4) Define some practical ways to work towards this strategy, and steps to move forward.
The day long gatherings are unique because they:
• Focus on sustainable food production and consumption across Greater Manchester.
• Are based on research and consultation with the region's sustainable food sector.
• Are part of a series of events focused on practical solutions.
• Offer a bottom-up approach, lead by practitioners within the voluntary and community sector and independent small businesses.
Click here for further information about a specific FeedingManchester event:
FeedingManchester #1 held on 27th June 2009.
FeedingManchester #2 held on 24th October 2009.
FeedingManchester #3 held on 13th February 2010.
FeedingManchester #4 held on 25th June 2010.
FeedingManchester #5 held on 20th October 2010.
FeedingManchester #6 held on 16th March 2011.
FeedingManchester #7 held on 21st July 2011.
FeedingManchester #8 held on 30th November 2011.
FeedingManchester #9 held on 29th March 2012.
FeedingManchester #10 held on 21st July 2012.
FeedingManchester #11 will be held on the 10th November 2012.
Or click below to progress through each event: